Guidelines for trash collection in the City of Bay City are as follows:
(1) Trash shall be placed at curbside no sooner than 7 p.m. the day before regular pickup and no later than 7 a.m. the day of regular pickup. Empty containers shall be removed from curb before 7 a.m. following the day of collection.
(2) City crews will not repeat routes for trash placed out late. Hold until the following week.
(3) City-provided wheeled 95/68 gallon trash containers shall be placed away from obstacles such as trees, poles, fire hydrants and parked cars, and spaced one foot apart from other containers. Handles must face opposite of street and when filled shall not exceed 200 pounds.
(4) City trash crews will not pick up building, remodeling or demolition material. No contractor debris will be collected. No appliances, tires, scattered refuse or hazardous materials will be collected. No yard waste shall be placed in city trash carts.
(5) Collections will not be made on the legal holidays of New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. When a holiday occurs on a weekday, pickup for the remaining days will be one day late. Friday collection will be made on Saturday.
(6) Additional containers are available upon request; a fee of $10.45 per month per container will be assessed. To request an additional container, download the form here.
(7) Move-out/Clean-out (8 or more additional bags, cans or bulk items) can be placed for collection on your normal trash day pickup for a fee of $100. All additional items are to be neatly placed, bagged and/or boxed for collection in addition to city wheeled trash cart.
(8) Nuisance fee (minimum of $150) if trash out early, unsightly and not bagged/boxed properly.