City Commission who maintains a complete record of the proceedings of the commission. Our office also handles business licensing and records management, including cemetery records, voter registration and elections. We also handle local approval for the Michigan Liquor Control Commission.The Bay City Clerk is the ex-officio clerk of the
- The City Clerk is accountable for the legislative procedures, maintaining open and fair processes for citizen access to information and public records. This includes being the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) coordinator.
- The City Clerk handles all property and liability claims against the city. Claim Form
- The City Clerk's Office is also a U.S. passport acceptance agency.
- The City Clerk's Office also handles licensing for special events in the city.
Michigan Voter Information
City Gift Certificates
City of Bay City gift certificates are available for purchase in the City Clerk's Office. A gift certificate to use toward utility or tax payments is a perfect gift for anyone. They never expire, and they are sold in any denomination. Redeemable in the City Treasurer's Office. Call (989) 894-8168 for more information.
- Bay City Beautification Project - Phase I
- Bay City Surplus Equipment/Items Auction
- Board of Review Schedule
- City Commission Meeting Cancelled - Monday, February 2, 2015
- Commission Chambers Chair Sale
- Compensation Commission
- Frozen Pipes - Cold Weather Tips
- Snowplowing and Ice Removal
- Uptown Bay City
- Utility Scam Alert