Veterans Memorial Park is the central park of Bay County, containing approximately 97 acres. It is roughly 1.2 miles long and 0.2 miles wide. This area includes land that encompasses Liberty Harbor Marina, the Veterans Memorial Park ball fields, Kantzler Arboretum, Santa House, Trombley House, and Fitness Park. It includes the Riverwalk and the Riverwalk/Railtrail loop. Major community events such as the 4th of July Fireworks celebration, River Roar, Pig Gig and concerts take place in the park.
Liberty Harbor Marina
Liberty Harbor is a public marina just north of Veterans Memorial Bridge. Liberty Harbor is listed as one of 80 certified harbors by the Michigan Department of Natural Resources. Facilities include the 99 berth marina, a concession stand building and parking lot.
Kantzler Memorial Arboretum
The 12-acre arboretum is a landscaped plaza with various plantings maintained by civic and private organizations. It is located along the riverfront and near the Community Center. On the north edge of the arboretum is the Davidson Dry Dock, a 500-foot inlet that had once been used for ship building. A pedestrian bridge crosses the dry dock at its mouth and joins with the Riverwalk that runs the length of Veterans Memorial Park and beyond.
Santa House and Trombley House
The Santa House is a log building that is leased seasonally to Santa House Inc. for its event every December. The site is located near the entrance to Veterans Memorial Park on John F. Kennedy Boulevard.
The Trombley House is Bay County's first frame house, completed in 1837, by pioneer Joseph Tromblé. The Trombley House was moved to this site in 1981. The structure is owned by the Bay County Historical Society. The house is being restored, maintained and used by the Bay County Historical Society for public events.
The Fitness Park is an exercise track that is specially equipped for the disabled. The looping track breaks off from the Riverwalk and leads through marked exercise areas. The Fitness Park was established in 1986.