Not sure what to do with stuff?
NEW BRUSH COLLECTION DASHBOARD
The City of Bay City has a NEW tool to help community members stay up-to-date on the NO FEE brush collection effort this November.
As you probably know, the months of April and November are no fee collection periods as long as your brush is properly placed curbside (go here for details: https://www.baycitymi.org/223/Yard-Waste). Between May and October, a fee-based appointment is required.
During the no fee collection period we only make ONE run through the city to collect and chip these items. On Nov. 1, 2021, we will begin collecting brush on the east side at the south end and make our way north. Eastside collection can run through Nov. 15, 2021. Westside collection will begin on Nov. 16, 2021, and can run through the end of the month. Again, we begin on the south end and move our way north.
We regularly update our progress on the Bay City Recycles Facebook page, as well as occasionally on the Bay City Department of Public Works and Bay City Government Facebook pages. However, this month we are trying out a NEW dashboard with 24/7 access. Community members will be able to use the link to see which areas have been serviced, as well as which areas remain. We hope you find this new tool helpful. The Brush Collection Dashboard includes a color-coded map, a graph showing the percentage of brush which has been collected/remains, and brief information about the program.
We’ve temporarily done away with the bulk item stickers! Residents can place ONE bulk item on the curb to be picked up on your regular trash day.
It’ll remain this way until we finalize our review of the sanitation guidelines. Look for updates when they become available.
If you have more than one item and can’t wait for the next week – you can make an appointment to take the items to our Bay City Recycles Drop-Off Center.
Thank you for helping keep our community clean!
Please remember that building materials, automotive parts, appliances, scattered refuse, and hazardous materials are not picked up at curbside.
Recycling in Bay City
Who Can Recycle?
- Curbside recycling collection is available to all utility customers in the City of Bay City.
- Items such as glass food/beverage bottles and jars; plastic bottles and containers; steel and aluminum cans; paper drink cartons; cardboard and boxboard; newspaper, magazines, junk mail and more. Check out the recycling guidelines for more information.
- Place all acceptable recyclable items into a single recycling container and set out each week on your regular collection day.
- 18-gallon recycling bins are available from the Sanitation Department at City Hall, 301 Washington Ave, Suite 413.
- For additional recycling bins, new online payments now available here!
- Non-issued, personal containers may also be used for recycling, as long as they are 32 gal or smaller and labeled appropriately. Please note that we are not responsible for personal containers and lids that are lost or damaged.
- The recyclables collected from Bay City are delivered to a transfer station in Saginaw where they are combined with recyclables from other communities. From there, they are sent to a Republic Services Materials Recovery Facility (MRF) in Southfield and/or New Boston. At the MRF, the recyclables are sorted and separated into different material types, baled and shipped to a variety of places within Michigan, the U.S., North America and abroad to be made back into new products.