Guidelines for trash collection in the City of Bay City are as follows:
- Trash shall be placed at curbside no sooner than 7 p.m. the day before regular pickup and no later than 7 a.m. the day of regular pickup. Empty containers shall be removed from curb before 7 a.m. following the day of collection and stored out of public view.
- City crews will not repeat routes for trash placed out late. Hold until the following week.
- City-provided wheeled 96/68 gallon trash containers shall be placed away from obstacles such as trees, poles, fire hydrants and parked cars, and spaced one foot apart from other containers. The handles of the city provided trash container must face the house for automated pickup.
- City trash crews will not pick up building, remodeling or demolition material. No contractor debris will be collected. No appliances, tires, scattered refuse or hazardous materials will be collected. No yard waste shall be placed in city trash carts. Do not use cardboard boxes for trash.
- Collections will not be made on the legal holidays of Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas. When a holiday occurs on a weekday, pickup for the remaining days will be one day late. Friday collection will be made on Saturday.
- Additional City trash containers are available upon request; a monthly fee per container will be assessed.
- Per City Ordinance, all trash is to be contained within a City trash can. Move-out/Clean-out (8 or more additional bags, cans or bulk items) can be placed for collection on your normal trash day pickup for an additional fee.
- Nuisance fee (minimum of $150) if trash out early, unsightly and not bagged properly.