Yard Waste and Brush
Christmas Tree Recycling
- Artificial Christmas trees can not be recycled.
- Remove all ornaments, tinsel, lights, tree stands and other non-organic decorative materials.
- Do not place tree inside any type of plastic bag.
- Wreaths on wires are not acceptable.
Check out our Curbside Tree Collection schedule here.
Yard Waste Collection
Set Out Instructions:
- Yard waste must be placed in Kraft yard bags or in a 32-gallon or smaller container with handles that is marked Yard Waste Only.
- Bags and/or containers cannot weigh more than 40 pounds when filled.
- City crews will not collect yard waste material placed into plastic bags, cardboard boxes, grocery bags or other unapproved containers.
- Kraft paper yard waste bags may be purchased at local retail and hardware stores.
Tied & Bundled Brush Collection
Weekly tied and bundled brush collection will be provided along with weekly yard waste collection if the following preparation guidelines are followed:
- Brush must be tied and bundled or placed in yard waste containers and/or kraft bags.
- Small branches will be considered brush and must be tied and bundled with natural fiber cord that is biodegradable (cotton, linen or twine).
Bundles tied with wire, plastic, or nylon cord will not be picked up.
Each bundle must be:
- No more than 40 pounds in weight; No longer than 4 feet in length; No more than 18 inches around.
- Bundles must be placed between the curb and sidewalk or at the edge of the roadway; not in the curb line or on the pavement.
- Placement of debris in the street is a traffic and safety hazard and is a violation of City Ordinance.
All materials will be chipped. Please ensure that there are no foreign objects (i.e., metal, building materials, rocks, etc.) included as these could cause damage to the equipment or injury to those operating the equipment.
Loose Brush Collection Guidelines
Set Out Guidelines will apply to all loose brush.
- Stack brush neatly between curb and sidewalk with the cut ends facing in one direction.
- Branches should be no larger than 5" in diameter.
- Stumps will not be collected.
- Keep brush piles away from obstacles such as fire hydrants and utility poles and maintain a safe line of sight distance for pedestrian and vehicular traffic.
- Remove root balls and place them with yard waste collection.
- The collection of large amounts of brush resulting from tree removal requires the use of a tree removal service or landscape service.
- City crews are not responsible for the removal of brush produced by contractors.
NO FEE BRUSH COLLECTION
APRIL AND NOVEMBER ONLY
The guidelines below will only apply to the months of April and November
Brush piles shall be no larger than 4’ wide, 8’ long, and 4’ high.
City’s East Side
Set brush out by the 1st of each month. City crews will collect brush beginning from the south end city limit working north, from the 1st through the 15th of each month.
City’s West Side
Set brush out by the 15th of each month. City crews will collect brush beginning from the south end city limit working north, from the 16th through the end of each month.
BRUSH COLLECTION APPOINTMENT
MAY 1 - OCTOBER 31
Guidelines for Loose Brush Collection Appointments
Brush collection shall be scheduled by appointment. Brush must be set out no more than 48 hours prior to the scheduled appointment day. A brush collection fee shall be charged pursuant to Section 86-78.
$30.00 minimum charge – up to 15 minutes
$25.00 per additional 15-minute intervals
*Due to rain and inclement weather, there may be a delay in pick up.