Energy Smart Program
Bay City Electric Light and Power, with our Energy Smart Program, is dedicated to a portfolio of energy efficient programs designed to assist Residents and Businesses in reducing their energy usage. To view what the program has to offer, access the following resources:
- What is the Energy Smart program?
- When does the program end?
- Why is Bay City Electric Light and Power offering these programs to customers?
- Can the contractor I normally work with install products for me or do I have to work with someone else?
- What are the benefits of being a Trade Ally?
- Who is eligible for the program?
- I own a business; can I participate in the programs that are offered to residents?
- Do I qualify for incentives if my facility is served by the utility for electricity and I am served by another utility for natural gas?
- Can I participate in programs for the business I own and my home or do I have to choose one?
- Can I qualify for more than one incentive?
- What is the availability of incentives?
- Who pays for the incentives?
- May I get an incentive to change from an electric technology to a natural gas technology or vice versa?
- May I receive an incentive for installing on-site generation or a renewable energy system?
- Can I receive an incentive for new construction as well an existing building?