The Household Assistance Program will provide a one-time grant up to $3,000 per household to pay for past due utilities and rent or mortgage payments and property taxes that were incurred from March 3, 2021 forward and begins Monday, February 14, 2022, at 12 p.m. Prior to submitting an application, know that you will only qualify if you meet the following guidelines:
- Live within the City of Bay City city limits.
- Since March 3, 2021, have experienced a COVID-19 related hardship (increase in expenses, decrease in income).
- Meet the following household income thresholds:
- Did you qualify under the guidelines? If yes:
- Did you complete the online application and need to print off the Income Tax Affidavit?
- Paper Affidavit: Income Tax Affidavit
- Did you complete the online application and your landlord needs to complete their portion of the Landlord Release of Information?
- Online Landlord Release of Information (for landlord use only): Landlord Release of Information
- For questions, please call 989-894-8225 and leave a voicemail.
Learn about the responsibilities of the Building Department
Learn about the responsibilities of the Code Enforcement department.
We provide development assistance to developers, businesses, and neighborhoods in Bay City.
Responsible for the administration of the City's Community Development Block Grant, HOME Grant, and other City grant proposals.
The primary aim of the City of Bay City Planning and Zoning Department is to maintain the long-term sustainability of our community, economy and environment with prompt, professional service and a philosophy that inspires creative solutions.
The City of Bay City is working diligently across departments to identify effective and efficient means to improve housing values and property conditions across our community. Beginning with the receipt and presentation of a comprehensive housing study in August 2016, the City has examined and analyzed relevant data and case studies to learn about potential actions and outcomes. This comprehensive housing improvement strategy continues to be developed and refined, with an expected implementation timeframe of 15 or more years.