Are you a history buff? Do you love the architecture of old buildings? Do you have knowledge of, or interest in historic preservation? If so, you might like to sit on Bay City's Historic District Commission (HDC).
The HDC currently has one vacancy and you may be the perfect fit!
Applications are available in the City Clerk's Department, Room 204 at City Hall, 301 Washington Ave or can be downloaded using the link below. Please contact the City Manager's Office at 989-894-8146 with any questions.
- Providing information on the city's historic districts
- Review of building permit applications for property within historic districts
- Assistance with applications for work in historic districts
- Assistance with historic district regulations
General Information for Historic Districts
Center Avenue Historic District
Midland Street Historic District
- Application to join a Historic District (PDF)
- Midland Street Historic District Map (PDF)
- Midland Street Study Report (PDF)
- Report Building Inventory Table (PDF)