Construction Dates: October 2, 2017 – March 30, 2018
- Construction Low Bid: $1,451,208.65
Detour on Liberty Bridge January 8 - March 30, 2018
During the replacement of the deck grating (January through March), the bridge will be closed. The detour follows Marquette and Woodside to cross the Saginaw River over the Liberty Bridge.
This project includes replacement of the Bascule span deck grating, span stringers, and sidewalks. The project is being funded with Federal, State and local funding. Davis Construction is the contractor on the project.
Over 12,000 square feet were replaced this fall!
The contractor will be repairing sidewalks in the residential neighborhoods near the Bay City Public elementary and middle schools (within the City limits), beginning at Kolb Elementary School, then moving to McGregor Elementary School, beginning in the spring when weather allows. Affordable Concrete is the Contractor.
- CDBG Sidewalk Repairs
The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) is a federal grant that funds several items in low to moderate income areas (as determined by the Census and HUD), including sidewalk and sidewalk ramp repairs.
Individual locations that qualify may be added to the CDBG program for construction beginning in the spring of 2018. Information and applications are available in the City's Community Development Office. Limited funding is available.
Stay tuned for upcoming projects in 2018!
- Watermain replacement along JFK Drive, near the Bay County Community Center is scheduled for the spring of 2018.
- First Street, between Washington and Madison, will be reconstructed in the summer of 2018 due to underground utility and street conditions.
- Murphy Street, between Sidney and Joseph, will be reconstructed in the summer of 2018 due to underground utility facilities that need to be replaced.
- Transit Street, between Smith and Louis, will get new watermain in 2018.
- OHM is designing the reconstruction of Trumbull Street between Center and Woodside. Construction is scheduled to begin in the spring of 20019, with utility relocations in 2018.
- Design survey and a Geotechnical (soils) study will be conducted on Clara and Dean streets to determine the cause of the settlement in the area and to prepare for road reconstruction at a later time.