The Bay City Human Relations Committee (HRC) (Ord. No. 2016-15 , 12-5-16) is responsible for fostering mutual understanding and respect between all racial, religious, nationality, and other minority groups in the City. The HRC strives towards discouraging and preventing discriminatory practices toward any such group. Functions of the HRC:
- To carry out research projects on the status of those aforementioned protected classes within the City.
- Investigate particular incidents related to any tension, practices of discrimination, or acts of prejudice against any persons or groups.
- Cooperate with other public, governmental, or private agencies in developing courses of instruction for presentation.
- Formulate and carry out programs of community education.
- The HRC may advise, and may recommend action, to any official of competent authority on any matters involving civil rights or the violation thereof.
Mitzi Zanotti Brown
Staff Representative: Bradley Tucker
Commissioner Dockett (Liaison)