Bay City Bascule Bridges
Bay City Bridge, Traffic, and Operations Study
The Bridge, Traffic & Operations website is available for study findings and general information. The study findings were presented to the City Commission on November 19, and the final report was presented to the community at the Public Meeting on December 11.
The study examined current and projected traffic volumes, crash history, and costs for five scenarios. It also included community input via surveys both online and on paper that we available at City Hall, environmental constraints, and mitigation consisting of redesign options to accommodate changes in traffic patterns if a bridge were to be removed.
This study is the first step in developing a solution to the City’s struggle to maintain Liberty and Independence Bridges. Now that five of City’s options have been developed and compared, the next steps will be an Economic Impact Study, the City Commission’s direction on the option to pursue, and funding pursuits.
- Bridge Study - Final Report 12-10-18
- Bridge Study Public Presentation 12-10-18
- Displays for Public Meeting 12-11-18
- Bridge Study Public Presentation 8-30-18
- 20180122 - Independence and Liberty Bridge Discussion - Mtg 1
- 20180122 - James Barcia Letter re- Independence Bridge
- Bay City Bascule Bridges - (Revised 2-1-18)
|11/19/18||Presentation to Commission- Final Report||6:30 p.m.||Commission Chambers|
|12/11/18||Final Report Public Meeting||6:00 p.m.||City Hall