News Flash

Home - News Flash

Posted on: September 16, 2022

Construction on John Street, between Wenona and Walnut Streets

Traffic Alert - September 15, 2022 - E. John S. Wenona S. Walnut

BAY CITY, MICH. – John Street, from S. Wenona to S. Walnut, will be rehabilitated over the next 2 months.  The work includes removing the existing asphalt pavement and replacing it with 4 inches of new asphalt.  Portions of the curb and gutter and sidewalks will also be replaced.

Work is scheduled to begin the week of September 18th and continue through October.  John Street will be closed, with Henry and Wenona left open for cross traffic.   Access to businesses will remain available during the construction.  Pyramid Paving is the prime contractor.

The project cost is $366,000.  40% is being paid by a federal grant through MDOT and the Bay City Area Transportation Study (BCATS).  The remaining 60% is budgeted in the City’s Major Streets funding.

This work will rehabilitate the asphalt pavement and extend the life of the street.

Contact Rachel Phillips, PE, Engineering Manager, at 989-894-8181 for more information.

Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in Home - News Flash