Does a C of O mean I have been approved by the city to start operating?

Your C of O that the state requires from the Building Dept. does NOT mean you have been approved by the city -  it only means that you passed your final building inspection for your renovations.  You will still need to have final inspections performed by all departments. 

It is your responsibility to notify us when renovations are completed and you are ready for them.  You are not allowed to stock any inventory on the premises until final inspections have been completed and approved.  Some departments may conduct on-site inspections and others may just check to make sure any issues noted on their initial reviews have been resolved or complied with before giving their approval.  When all approvals have been received and the City Clerk verifies you have met the insurance requirements, your city operating license will be issued once you have provided a copy of your state license. 

It is illegal to operate without a city operating license and you could face penalties and fines.

Show All Answers

1. How many medical and recreational adult-use licenses are available?
2. Which marihuana license types does Bay City allow?
3. What is the required zoning for each license type and how do I find out if a location meets the zoning requirements?
4. What are the separation setback distance requirements?
5. Did you know you are able to check for yourself if a property location meets the zoning requirements for a marihuana facility?
6. What does the marihuana license application process involve?
7. What does the renewal application process involve?
8. Who will need to have fingerprints and background checks performed?
9. How long does it take for City Commission approval?
10. Does a C of O mean I have been approved by the city to start operating?
11. What is the difference between a provisional certificate and city operating license?
12. How do I report member changes?
13. How do I correct an address error, or add a suite or unit number?
14. We want to change our company name. Can we do this?
15. Can I sell or transfer my provisional certificate or city operating license?
16. Are Consumption Establishments allowed?