Can I sell or transfer my provisional certificate or city operating license?

A provisional certificate and city operating license are both exclusive to the applicant and location to which they were issued to.  So technically they cannot actually be sold or transferred. However, the act of transferring a certificate or license to new ownership guarantees that a license would be available to the new owner at that same location, but they would still have to submit a full application including fingerprinting and background checks, and then be approved by the City Commission before a new certificate would be issued.  

A license would be issued after the application has been entirely completed with approval of final inspections and the issuance of a state license.  The main difference is the cost of the application fee.  A transfer fee is currently $500 while a totally new license application fee is $5000 and an expired or rescinded provisioning certificate is not eligible for transfer at all.  

Show All Answers

1. How many medical and recreational adult-use licenses are available?
2. Which marihuana license types does Bay City allow?
3. What is the required zoning for each license type and how do I find out if a location meets the zoning requirements?
4. What are the separation setback distance requirements?
5. Did you know you are able to check for yourself if a property location meets the zoning requirements for a marihuana facility?
6. What does the marihuana license application process involve?
7. What does the renewal application process involve?
8. Who will need to have fingerprints and background checks performed?
9. How long does it take for City Commission approval?
10. Does a C of O mean I have been approved by the city to start operating?
11. What is the difference between a provisional certificate and city operating license?
12. How do I report member changes?
13. How do I correct an address error, or add a suite or unit number?
14. We want to change our company name. Can we do this?
15. Can I sell or transfer my provisional certificate or city operating license?
16. Are Consumption Establishments allowed?