$150.00 per day
- Chemical Restrooms
- Drinking Fountain
- Green Space
- Picnic Areas
- Picnic Shelters
- Picnic Tables
- Sink, Fridge & Indoor Restroom
Bigelow Park is located at the north end of Middleground Island and is approximately 9 acres. The property for the park was donated in 1929 as a gift from Charles Bigelow, who operated a large sawmill on the riverfront. Additional land was purchased by the city in 1949. It was not until 1991 that it was developed into a park. The park contains an extensive footbridge that crosses the river channel and connects the park to Veterans Memorial Park and the riverwalk. Playground equipment and a pavilion were constructed by the Bay City Lions Club. The pavilion is frequently rented for family reunions, company picnics, and other social events and comes with bathrooms when rented. The north end of Middleground Island also contains a Victorian-style building leased to the Rowing Club as a clubhouse, a Boys and Girls Club facility, and a fishing pier.
If you wish to contact the Bay City Rowing Club, access their webpage.
No overnight parking or camping permitted
*Pavilion generally has no running water (sinks and indoor bathroom) from October 1st - June 1st
*Reservations must be made at least 7 days before the event, and no more than 12 months before the event.
Once we have looked over your Reservation Request and Accepted it, you will receive an email stating so. Then you need to complete the following process listed below.
You Have 2 Business Days to make a full Rental Payment, if we do not receive a payment within the time, we have to unapproved your rental request.
Damage Deposit is included in the rental fee, as long as you and/or guests do not damage anything or leave any litter/decoration or other messes you will receive a refund for the amount of the damage deposit. In which case it will be mailed to you, the refund may take up to 2-4 Weeks for you to receive.
Cancellations must be made at least 30 days before the event to receive a refund.
Rescheduling must be made at least 30 days before the event with the approval of the Parks office.
This pavilion requires a key to use one or more of the following furnishings: Electricity/Electric boxes for the outdoor portion of the pavilion, Indoor Restrooms, Indoor Kitchenette, and/or Indoor Seating.
- The pavilion key will have to be picked up during business hours the business day before your event.
- Failure to retrieve the pavilion key during business hours, the business day before your event, will not result in any refund, as the usability of furnishings does not reflect the price.
- Please, No Staples or Nails on Beams or Tables
- For Hanging Decorations/Banners: Instead of stapling or nailing beams, Please utilize Hooks in Pavilions for hanging Banners, Balloons, Etc.
- For Tablecloths: Instead of stapling, please bring & use your own Tablecloth clips, Tablecloth weights, or Table bungees.
- Anything ground-penetrating is prohibited.
- Electricity: No extension cords or splitters should be used. If the electric breaker is blown, we will not reset it.
- Parks, Shelters, and other park furnishings are offered on an "as-is" basis and include the shelter.
Rental includes Shelter and related shelter furnishings only.
- Other park facilities shall remain available for public use.
Renters are responsible for bringing their own trash bags & cleanup immediately following use.
- Port-a-Potties are for public use and are not maintained by the city, if any concerns please call Jonnie-On-The-Spot 989-777-0353
- *Pavilion reservation price is based on shelter size. Although certain furnishings are included with pavilion rental. Price does not reflect the usability of furnishings such as port-a-potties, electricity, indoor plumbing, appliances, etc.
Monday-Friday 7:00 AM- 3:00 PM
Parks Dept. 989-894-8314
1645 Marquette Ave.
Bay City, MI 48706
An event qualifies as a Special Event if it is or has any of the following:
- It is open to the public
- It is over 100 people
- If it is a fund-raiser, tournament, sale
- If it has any vendors, a band, or DJ
- If setting up any chairs, tables, podiums, archways, booths, tents, etc.
Fill out the entire form, and Email or turn it into Parks Dept. at least 90 days before the event
Email: [email protected]
Turn in: 301 Washington Ave. Bay City, MI 48708 Room 413
Once we receive the completed form, we will look over it and let you know the next steps.
For more information on Tree Donations, click Here