Veterans Memorial Park
$150.00 per day
- An West Side Park
- Baseball / Softball
- Baseball / Softball Diamond
- Boat Dock
- Boat Launch
- Chemical Restrooms
- Drinking Fountain
- Gaga pit
- Green Space
- Kitchen, Indoor Restrooms & Indoor Seating
- Open Spaces
- Picnic Areas
- Picnic Shelters
- Picnic Tables
- Tennis Court
- Walking Track
Veterans Memorial Park is the central park of Bay County, containing approximately 97 acres. It is roughly 1.2 miles long and 0.2 miles wide. This area includes land that encompasses Liberty Harbor Marina, the Veterans Memorial Park ball fields, Kantzler Arboretum, Santa House, Trombley House, and Fitness Park. It includes the Riverwalk and the Riverwalk/Railtrail loop. There is also a hard-surfaced boat launch with sufficient water depth and lake size to accommodate most trailerable boats. Major community events such as the 4th of July Fireworks celebration and the River of Time takes place in the park.
No overnight parking or camping permitted
For information and photos of Play City, Veterans park playground, click Here
- Cass Ave. Boat Launch 620 Harrison St. Bay City, MI
- Golson Boat Launch 1598 N. Johnson St. Bay City, MI
- Veterans Park
- DNR 1 Shady Shore Rd, Bay City, MI 48706
- Smith Park Boat Launch Essexville, MI 48732
- Zilwaukee Boat Ramp 190 Front St, Saginaw, MI 48604
- Rust Boat Launch 282 Lee St, Saginaw, MI 48602
- Full List of Boat Launches Visit: Michigan Water Trails
Trails & Interactive Map
Click Here for a list of Michigan trails, information on trail parking, amenities, points of interest and to explore the interactive map.
Pavilion closest to the helicopter & boat launch
Outdoor Portion of Pavilion $150.00
*Price Includes the Refundable $50.00 Damage & Litter Deposit.
Includes the outer portion of the pavilion, you get to use the picnic tables (as seen in pictures), electric outlets, grills & shared port-a-potties and green space.
*Reservations must be made at least 7 days before the event, and no more than 12 months before the event.
Once we have looked over your Reservation Request and Accepted it, you will receive an email stating so. Then you need to complete the following process listed below.
You Have 2 Business Days to make a full Rental Payment, if we do not receive a payment within the time, we have to unapproved your rental request.
Damage Deposit is included in the rental fee, as long as you and/or guests do not damage anything or leave any litter/decoration or other messes you will receive a refund for the amount of the damage deposit. In which case it will be mailed to you, the refund may take up to 2-4 Weeks for you to receive.
Cancellations must be made at least 30 days before the event to receive a refund.
Rescheduling must be made at least 30 days before the event with the approval of the Parks office.
Please No Staples or Nails on Beams or Tables
For Hanging Decorations/Banners: Instead of stapling or nailing beams, Please utilize Hooks in Pavilions for hanging Banners, Balloons, Etc.
For Tablecloths: Instead of stapling, please bring & use your own Tablecloth clips, Tablecloth weights, or Table bungees.
Anything ground-penetrating is prohibited.
This pavilion requires a key to use one or more of the following furnishings: Electricity/Electric boxes for the outdoor portion of the pavilion, Indoor Restrooms, Indoor Kitchenette, and/or Indoor Seating.
- The pavilion key will have to be picked up during business hours the business day before your event.
- Failure to retrieve the pavilion key during business hours, the business day before your event, will not result in any refund, as the usability of furnishings does not reflect the price.
- Please, No Staples or Nails on Beams or Tables
- For Hanging Decorations/Banners: Instead of stapling or nailing beams, Please utilize Hooks in Pavilions for hanging Banners, Balloons, Etc.
- For Tablecloths: Instead of stapling, please bring & use your own Tablecloth clips, Tablecloth weights, or Table bungees.
Anything ground-penetrating is prohibited.
- Electricity: No extension cords or splitters should be used. If the electric breaker is blown, we will not reset it.
- Parks, Shelters, and other park furnishings are offered on an "as-is" basis and include the shelter.
- Rental includes Shelter and related shelter furnishings only.
- Other park facilities shall remain available for public use.
Renters are responsible for bringing their own trash bags & cleanup immediately following use.
- Port-a-Potties are for public use and are not maintained by the city, if any concerns, please call Jonnie-On-The-Spot 989-777-0353
- *Pavilion reservation price is based on shelter size. Although certain furnishings are included with pavilion rental. Price does not reflect the usability of furnishings such as port-a-potties, electricity, indoor plumbing, appliances, etc.
Monday-Friday 7:00 AM- 3:00 PM
Parks Dept. 989-894-8314
1645 Marquette Ave.
Bay City, MI 48706
An event qualifies as a Special Event if it is or has any of the following:
- It is open to the public
- It is over 100 people
- If it is a fund-raiser, tournament, sale
- If it has any vendors, a band, or DJ
- If setting up any chairs, tables, podiums, archways, booths, tents, etc.
Fill out the entire form, and Email or turn it into Parks Dept. at least 90 days before the event
Email: [email protected]
Turn in: 301 Washington Ave. Bay City, MI 48708 Room 413
Once we receive the completed form, we will look over it and let you know the next steps.
For more information on Tree Donations, click Here
The City of Bay City, works in partnership with Bay City in Bloom, to make adopting a pocket garden possible.
Pocket Gardens are adopted with a minimum of a one-year commitment.
To apply to become a gardening volunteer, click Here